Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Body Double

A while back David helped me make a dress maker's form out of duct tape and an old T-shirt.
.
.
Basically, I put on an old T-shirt, got wrapped in duct tape, cut open the back so I could get out, taped it back up and stuffed it.
.
.
I've already used it to help me do some finishing on the "Shalom" sweater that I recently finished.  Above you can see the arm holes were way too big, so I wanted to sew them up some.
.
.
Using the dress-maker's form I was able to see clearly what I was doing to get the arm holes even, and make it pretty hard to see the added seams.
.
.
Sweater complete!  This pattern is called "Shalom" and is knit using "Minnow Merino" yarn that my mom got me for my birthday 2 years ago.  It is wonderfully soft and just the right amount of warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment