Thursday, October 28, 2010

Knitting Spools

I've been wanting a knitting spool for a while now.  I feel like I used to see them at stores fairly frequently, but as soon as I starting looking for one they all seem to have disappeared!  
.
.
I mentioned my frustration to David and he came up with a brilliant solution.
.
.
David cut off about 3 inches from the end of one of our broom handles and drilled a hole in it.  With 4 nails in the top it works great!
.
.
The cord that my "broom" knitting spool creates is pretty dense.  To make a looser cord the hole would need to be bigger and the nails would need to be further apart.  That clearly wasn't going to work with the "broom" knitting spool" so David made me another one!
.
.
This one is made from a piece of Cocobolo wood.
.
.
The cord that it makes is definitely looser, so now I have 2 knitting spools and 2 options for cord making.  And they are way cooler than the store bought kind!  Thanks David!
.
.
So now the only question is: why did I need to make cords?  Stay tuned: the answer to that will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment