Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Green Smoothie

Since I made my own yogurt, I decided that I needed more things to do with it than just eat it with granola.  So I decided to try out a green breakfast smoothie.
.
.
I have heard a lot about these and following a basic recipe I found online I made one with yogurt, spinach, blueberries, strawberries and molasses.  The spinach is for added nutrients, and in theory you really can't taste it.
.
.
Unfortunately my blender is not very powerful, and I ended up with some not insubstantial chunks of spinach in my smoothie.  It was mostly fine until the end when all that was left was chunks of spinach.  Mmmm yummy.
.
Then I happened to read a recipe that called for blending the spinach and yogurt together first to eliminate the chunkiness.  Why couldn't I have found that sooner?!
.
.
This method worked much better!
.
.
I added the ingredients one at a time, so my blender didn't have to work so hard.
.
.
.
It's a little bit hard to tell, but this smoothie is a uniform color, and chunk free!

1 comment: