Friday, July 9, 2010

Déjà vu

This post may look very familiar.  You're probably thinking that you've seen that blue lace scarf before.
.
.
And you'd be right . . . but you'd also be wrong!
.
I used the same "Shetland Triangle" pattern that I used back in February, but I used different yarn.  Still blue but a different brand.  At the yarn shop they seemed pretty different to me, but now that they are knit up they're looking very similar.
.
.
Also new is the blocking method that I used.  Last time I pinned the scarf out on a towel using about 75 sewing pins.  But I recently obtained actual blocking mats and lace blocking wires, so this time I tried them out.  I am a big fan of them!  I slipped a blocking wire through the points of the scalloped edge, and along the straight side, and then used about 20 pins to hold the wires in place.
.
.
I've currently got another lace scarf on the needles, so you'll probably being seeing the blocking equipment again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment